CONVICT OFFSPRING BOCKERS THE FORUM PAGE FOR QUEENSLAND BOCKERS.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QUEENSLAND BOCKERS FORUM -PRESS PLAY ON VIDEO PLAYER

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» IS anybody out there?
Old bloke looking to get started and have a go? Icon_minitimeby SKYPIRATE Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:15 am

» Old bloke looking to get started and have a go?
Old bloke looking to get started and have a go? Icon_minitimeby SKYPIRATE Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:19 am

Gallery
Old bloke looking to get started and have a go? Empty
Hay Skypirate
Old bloke looking to get started and have a go? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 4:41 am by Freefall
[b] Hay Skypirate its keegs how r ya haha hav a new name now its Freefall. How was ya xmas nyway? Oi i moved up into a 70-90 pair yesterday n went 4 a …

Comments: 2
Current Injury Status
Old bloke looking to get started and have a go? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:29 am by Badambomas
Well..... you cant have a successful gym meet without coming home with comething being sore of strained.

So here it is

I have Bockers Back …

Comments: 4
half a front flip?
Old bloke looking to get started and have a go? Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 10:19 am by Scott
hey guys,

well i was trying to do front flips at the gym and i was running in and my run up was wrong and my legs were going for the flip but my …

Comments: 0

Old bloke looking to get started and have a go?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fozzybrad
GrassHopper
GrassHopper

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: Old bloke looking to get started and have a go?   Old bloke looking to get started and have a go? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 2:09 am

G'Day all,

My name is Brad, I'm a 37 year old adrenalin junkie. I love anything fast, high and or upside down. I have been reading some of the blog posts and there does seem to be quite a bit to learn and work out what is the best way to start in this sport.

I'm happy to spend good money on a set that will last and be good quality. It seems from the blogs I will need a 90 to 110kg set as I'm 191cm tall and weigh about 95kg at the moment.

Is there any other brands other than Skyrunners or Poweriser in australia that I should look at?

I currently live in Sydney but travel to QLD frequently. Is there anywhere in Sydney that I can got to, to get some advice and look at a set?

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Brad
Back to top Go down
SKYPIRATE
Admin
Admin
SKYPIRATE

Number of posts : 126
What Bocks you got? : SR80'S/SR110'S
Registration date : 2007-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Old bloke looking to get started and have a go?   Old bloke looking to get started and have a go? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 8:19 am

hey brad,
There are a few down your way , i know there was Andrew and Graham
Andy was in sydney i think and grey is in Katoomba.
Both are on this forum as members so you can mail, that shouldn't be a probs.

It is pretty good fun but it can be intense. I am older myself and just really need to dedicate alot of time which i don't really have. It is less hassle for me at the moment to go for a skate anytime anywhere with no preperation. Jumping stilts can be a bit of logistical pain in the arrrrs.

good ............but not many around together so makes it a little boring as most of us with bocks end up bouncing around on your own./

There is a couple of links at the links page .

Grayham is at the wieder the better webstore.

Andrew is the Bock shop

Greg is skyrunners

If you looking for an intro on bocks , maybe with the good aussie $ , you could even try the 7's from england/germany. Power skips are at the high end of the market.
Whatever you choose, they will all give you a good idea if you like it or not.
There are many things with it, like when you first start your muscles in your back will start to ache bad as if you will not ever walk again, but once you get over this you will enjoy more.

Hope helps
Back to top Go down

Old bloke looking to get started and have a go?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CONVICT OFFSPRING BOCKERS THE FORUM PAGE FOR QUEENSLAND BOCKERS. :: INTRODUCTIONS :: INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE FORUM-
Jump to: