CONVICT OFFSPRING BOCKERS THE FORUM PAGE FOR QUEENSLAND BOCKERS.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QUEENSLAND BOCKERS FORUM -PRESS PLAY ON VIDEO PLAYER

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» IS anybody out there?
Newbie needing help... Icon_minitimeby SKYPIRATE Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:15 am

» Old bloke looking to get started and have a go?
Newbie needing help... Icon_minitimeby SKYPIRATE Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:19 am

Gallery
Newbie needing help... Empty
Hay Skypirate
Newbie needing help... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 4:41 am by Freefall
[b] Hay Skypirate its keegs how r ya haha hav a new name now its Freefall. How was ya xmas nyway? Oi i moved up into a 70-90 pair yesterday n went 4 a …

Comments: 2
Current Injury Status
Newbie needing help... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:29 am by Badambomas
Well..... you cant have a successful gym meet without coming home with comething being sore of strained.

So here it is

I have Bockers Back …

Comments: 4
half a front flip?
Newbie needing help... Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 10:19 am by Scott
hey guys,

well i was trying to do front flips at the gym and i was running in and my run up was wrong and my legs were going for the flip but my …

Comments: 0

Newbie needing help...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cat
GrassHopper
GrassHopper

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Newbie needing help...   Newbie needing help... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 4:46 am

Hello everyone,

My name is Catherine (21yrs) or Cat for short and recently I have fell in love with your wonderful sport/recreation of bocking!!

I have been looking around but I am fairly clueless about what brands or features I should be looking for in my first set. You all seem to be very helpful and I was hoping you could help me out? (ie. best for a beginner, do's and dont's etc.)

I should note that I am but a poor Uni student, so my budget is not in the $1000's or anything close to it... I was hoping to maybe upgrade to something better once I tried it out...I just want to get started out first Nice Vid

Also, I live in Adelaide and was wondering if there was any group or association like yours that I could join? I have searched the net but nothing has come up as of yet...

Cheers everyone,

look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cat
Back to top Go down
SKYPIRATE
Admin
Admin
SKYPIRATE

Number of posts : 126
What Bocks you got? : SR80'S/SR110'S
Registration date : 2007-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needing help...   Newbie needing help... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 8:36 am

Hey there cat, first welcome and if you are interested thank god, and then can I sugggest if you are on a budget then some skyrunners from the skyrunners australia. They are what i use and are a very good introduction , and for me have been keeping me going for about 3 years know. Powerisers you may still have in your budget but if just wanna try and not blow the bank which is what i did then deinateley give them a go.
You will hear all kinds of slagin about these stilts , but trust me, the stilts i have been using i have no dramas with and they will get you on your way. Alot of the critism comes from Europe so in the land down under we use the most of what we have and that is what i can say about my stilts. I have't replaced anything except my hoof pads which are the feet rubbers that get a work out, so this will happen over time anyways no matter what stilts you get.

Hope this helps, SKYPIRATE(aka Adam)
Back to top Go down
SKYPIRATE
Admin
Admin
SKYPIRATE

Number of posts : 126
What Bocks you got? : SR80'S/SR110'S
Registration date : 2007-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needing help...   Newbie needing help... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 3:36 am

Just a quick thing to remember , the stilts will come in varied weight springs, 50-70, 70-90kg and so on. It is advised to definatley get the spring weight range to the next range, for example.

I weigh in at about 70 kgs, so the 50-70kg is no good
So i needed the 70-90kg range instead. Just keep that in mind and you should not have to worry about being able to get a nice high spring from them.
Back to top Go down
Ben - jamin
GrassHopper
GrassHopper
Ben - jamin

Number of posts : 34
What Bocks you got? : Poweriser PR5070
Registration date : 2009-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needing help...   Newbie needing help... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:47 pm

Hi cat (btw wats ur name), Adams right any brand us aussie have its good but it really depends on what sort of bouncing style you have (thats wat really shows which bock to go with) e.g i used to do competitive trampolining so my style is very aggressive shove ur feet into the ground style, like im desperate for some serious hang time Wink. I had bought myself sum Skyrunners, im sorry but after about 6 months they were terrible, the rubber had been replaced several times there were cracks. But the most annoying thing ever is that i upgraded from 50-70's to 70-90's and being only 53kg myself i could max and bottom out my springs without even trying.

I went to Poweriser and got myself sum 70-90's and holi moley i couldnt move em! (the springs are sitting in my shed) so i went down to 50-70's and its was frikin awsum. The bindings are great the claf cuffs even better and the rubber is thick and hard which is awsum.

so its up to you, Skyrunner for u? go to greg (Skyrunner Australia) interested in Poweriser come to me (Ben Fairhurst) and ill set ya up with sum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needing help...   Newbie needing help... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie needing help...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CONVICT OFFSPRING BOCKERS THE FORUM PAGE FOR QUEENSLAND BOCKERS. :: INTRODUCTIONS :: INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE FORUM-
Jump to: